Did you know? Young people from the poorest areas of the country are up to 16x less likely to go onto Higher Education than those from wealthier areas?
NCOP is currently focused on providing targeted higher education outreach to young people in years 9 to 13 living in particular geographic areas.
The programme aims to:
- Reduce the gap in higher education participation between the most and least represented groups
- Support young people to make well-informed decisions about their future education
- Support effective and impactful local collaboration by higher education providers working together with schools, colleges, employers and other partners
- Contribute to a stronger evidence base around ‘what works’ in higher education outreach and strengthen evaluation practice in the sector.
The Inspirational Learning Group is incredibly proud of our involvement with the NCOP project and the impact that we continue to have in this vital area. This academic year, we have helped to inspire almost 12,000 NCOP target students and parents through our innovative days and celebration evenings and number of NCOP target students/teams will be present at our annual National Enterprise Challenge Grand Finals.
We work with select partners including Higher Horizons+, Greater Manchester Higher, Go Higher West Yorkshire and Aspire Higher to increase the aspirations and of young people across the nation.
Ant Sutcliffe, Head of Higher Horizons had the following to say about The Inspirational Learning Group and our involvement with NCOP:
“We’ve invested over £200,000 in the last 18 months with The Inspirational Learning Group, and we’ve done that because they create some of the best challenges and competitions, and certainly the best celebratory finals events in the country, working with thousands of young people across Staffordshire, Shropshire and Cheshire.”
In addition to The National Enterprise Challenge and My Perfect University, The Inspirational Learning Group are able to design and deliver fully bespoke outreach programmes tailored to individual hub’s individual needs.
The Inspiration Programme
This is a four-day programme for schools where we provide intensive, focused activity to motivate, inspire, challenge and celebrate the achievements of the young people who take part.
- Day 1: Motivational and goal setting workshops from an industry leading speaker and coach
- Day 2: Facilitated team building day
- Day 3: Enterprise day, where the students take part in one of our national challenges
- Day 4: A celebration event
This programme is ideal for those schools who have small year groups or a specific target group of students they wish to engage or further inspire. Days can be run individually for schools, depending on need. Please get in touch with our school engagement team on 01785 550 160 to find out more.