My Perfect University has been written specifically for the Office for Students – Uni-Connect programme and is targeted at students in years 9 to 13.
Over the course of a full school day, this fun and fast paced day will set the students the task to develop and pitch a brand-new Perfect University.
Working in teams of six, students will explore what they already know or think they know about University before creating their perfect university offer, considering what will be the University’s specialisms and what facilities will be available for students on campus.
Aims of the programme
– Further develop skills required for HE and the world of work including; teamwork, communication, leadership and time management.
– Provide all young people taking part with a meaningful employer encounter as outlined in the Governments Careers Strategy.
– Test and challenge awareness of HE through group interaction.
– Challenge preconceived opinions of HE.
– Raise aspirations of learners by exploring university life.